Washington D.C. Metro Area
The Washington Area Chapter of Childhelp makes a substantial impact to area neglected and abused children each year, with help from Members, Sponsors and Volunteers...
- $100,000 in fundraising alone provides 20,000 hotline calls.
- Bring joy to over 240 children each year through parties and time with the kids at our Virginia centers.
- Create awareness to nearly 1,000 people each year.
- Provide necessities to three families annually going through Child Protective Services with much-needed items to include: furniture, clothing, pots and pans and toys.
- Collect over 700 holiday gifts for the Village children through the Angel Tag program.
- Provide administrative assistance when needed at our Virginia centers.
- Provide auction items for the Center conference.
- Facilitate dental care to about 30 Village and Center children.
- Provide mentoring, tutoring and buddy time for the children at the Center and Village.
- Facilitate message of hope to the area kids through inspirational life coach speeches.
- Provide Art-Therapy supplies to the Village.
- Provide hundreds of books for the Village.