Good Search & Good Shop | When Online Searching & Shopping Means Giving To Childhelp
How many times do you search for something online?
Back in 2006, it was estimated that the typical Internet user searched online an average of 90 times per day. We'd wager it's a bit more than that now. While people have their browser preference (Google, Yahoo/Bing, MSN ... etc.) but, there is a new browser, Good Search that you can use to help out those in need. For each online search you do on Good Search — a penny will be given to your charity of choice — and we hope you choose Childhelp. As our parents always said — “every penny adds up!” Thank you for using your pennies to help change the life of an abused child.
To set up your Good Search account, please follow these steps:
- Go to Goodsearch.com
- Enter your favorite charity
- Select Childhelp (Scottsdale,AZ)
- Select the button "Track My Contributions"
- Create a Good Search account
- Be on the lookout for a confirmation email and confirm your account
- You will be asked to sign up for Good Dining, download the toolbar and invite friends, skip these steps and do them at a later time if you'd prefer
- You are now set up to search online like normal but now with each search a penny goes to Childhelp!
What about shopping online?
1-800-Flowers, West Elm, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Walmart — the number of brands online on Good Shop is extensive. Now that you've signed up with Good Search, you can shop your favorite brands and a percentage will be given back to Childhelp!
Once you've found the brand you want to shop online for, you will see a splash page that shows how much the brand gives back to Childhelp and then you will be able to shop online like normal.
If you would like to keep track of how much money you've raised by searching and shopping online like you normally do, download the Good Search toolbar. However, please note that the toolbar works best for Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Now that you're set up on Good Search and Good Shop the only thing left to do is to share with friends and family.