The Lake of the Woods Auxiliary was formed in 1996 by a small group of volunteers at Lake of the Woods. It is not necessary to live at the lake community to join the auxiliary. Because of our close proximity to the Alice C. Tyler Village, our group supports the ongoing efforts at the Village. Located just a few miles from the Village, our volunteer efforts are unique in that we provide direct, personal support for the children residing at the Village. Besides our cooperation with other volunteer groups to help make the Village’s holiday parties a success, we participate in special enrichment programs for individual children on a one-to-one basis, which are outlined below:
Birthday Baskets – We create a birthday basket for every child who celebrates his/her birthday at the Village. Some children whom may never have celebrated a birthday before.
Library Program – Another initiative is the Library program, whereby a member reads to one or more children and helps to improve the children’s reading skills.
Special Friends – Special Friend initiative is another individual program where a member may have a one-on-one relationship with a child and are willing to spend a few extra hours each month to provide support, love and attention to a child on a consistent basis.
- President – Laura Fitch
- 1st Vice President – JoAnn Hargrave-Roth/Lisa Halpin/Pat Shrader/Karen Woods/Louise Hoh
- 2nd Vice President – Robbie Royce/Linda Noggle
- Recording Secretary – Debbie Risseuuw
- Treasurer – Judy Mayfield
- Membership Chair – Jill Humphries
- Corresponding Secretary – Candy O'Donnell
- Day of Hope Chair – Nancy Horch
- Special Events – Karen Kovarik
- Birthday Backpacks – Ann Nadwodny
- Reading Buddies – Nancy Horch
- Brownies – Mary Lou McFarland/Donna Stanford
- Duffle Bags – Lisa Halpin/Pat Shrader
- Pillow Cases – Jeannie Dietz
- Historian – Sue Richards
Virginia News & Events
California police find newborn — believed to be less than two days old — buried alive near bike pathNov 30th, 2015
How you can help.
There are many ways you can get involved with Childhelp. However you decide to join in, you can help make a huge impact on a child's life.