The Washington Area Chapter of Childhelp makes a substantial impact to area neglected and abused children each year, with help from Members, Sponsors and Volunteers…
- $100,000 in fundraising alone provides 20,000 hotline calls.
- Bring joy to over 240 children each year through parties and time with the kids at our Virginia centers.
- Create awareness to nearly 1,000 people each year.
- Provide necessities to three families annually going through Child Protective Services with much-needed items to include: furniture, clothing, pots and pans and toys.
- Collect over 700 holiday gifts for the Village children through the Angel Tag program.
- Provide administrative assistance when needed at our Virginia centers.
- Provide auction items for the Center conference.
- Facilitate dental care to about 30 Village and Center children.
- Provide mentoring, tutoring and buddy time for the children at the Center and Village.
- Facilitate message of hope to the area kids through inspirational life coach speeches.
- Provide Art-Therapy supplies to the Village.
- Provide hundreds of books for the Village.
- President – Kelly Slone
- Vice President and Secretary – Aylin Skroejer
- Treasurer – Jane Hozik
- Fundraising – Nina Doherty
- Membership – Maureen Rickbeil
- Publicity – Alma Benza
- Education and Awareness – Carol Parker
- Village Liaison – Alma Benza
Washington DC News & Events
Philanthropist Yank Barry and wife Yvette to receive the International Achievement Award from ChildhelpDec 17th, 2014
How you can help.
There are many ways you can get involved with Childhelp. However you decide to join in, you can help make a huge impact on a child's life.