We are deeply saddened to cancel our DC Spring Gala on April 25th, but know it is in the best interest for the health and safety of families.
The Annual Childhelp Shining Stars Gala raises crucial fundraising dollars for our lifesaving work in the Greater Washington region, supporting the Childhelp Residential Treatment Village in Virginia and the Childhelp Child Abuse Hotline office in Washington DC. Not only does child abuse not rest during times of crisis, but we know it goes up. Our Hotline is already responding to a double digit rise in calls related to the pandemic. Being safe from coronavirus can mean being trapped at home with an abuser, and abusers tend to act out even more in times of stress and economic uncertainty.
Please help us respond to this crisis by donating to Childhelp’s programs in our region. Simply click the donate button to the right and know you are continuing our lifesaving work with a 100% tax deductible contribution.
Jane & Rich Hozik
DC Gala Co-Chairs
Sara O’Meara and Yvonne Fedderson
Event Chairs: Jane & Rich Hozik
Date & Time: Saturday, April 25, 2020 – 6:00 p.m. -12:00 a.m.
Where: Omni Shoreham Hotel -2500 Calvert Street, NW – Washington, DC
Attire: Black Tie Preferred
To raise funds in support of:
- Childhelp’s Alice C. Tyler Village near Culpeper, VA, including the Equine Therapy Program. The Village is a residential treatment facility which provides a safe and nurturing environment for severely abused and neglected children.
- Childhelp’s National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-4-A-CHILD), a 24/7 intervention lifeline staffed by master level crisis counselors offering life-saving information and resources.
Founded in 1959 by Sara O’Meara and Yvonne Fedderson, Childhelp is one of the largest and oldest national non-profit organizations dedicated to the treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect. 92 cents of every dollar is invested in Childhelp programs which directly serve abused children and their families, focusing on meeting the children’s physical, emotional, educational and spiritual needs.
How can you help?
- Become a Shining Star Sponsor
- Purchase tickets to attend
- Invite your clients, colleagues or friends to attend
- Make a donation – every contribution directly impacts our children
For hotel reservations, call 1-800-THE OMNI (843-6664) and ask for “Childhelp Gala” room block.
For more information please contact Jane Hozik at 703-406-4727 or email@example.com