This policy applies to anyone who interacts with Childhelp in anyway. This includes the services we provide, our websites and mobile applications, those making donations or applying for or accepting employment, and engage with us on social media.
Collection of Personal Information
Whenever you visit our Website, we will collect some information from you automatically simply by you visiting and navigating through this site, and some voluntarily when you submit information using a form on the Website, request information, use our Website’s chat features, use interactive text features over SMS services, or use any of the other interactive portions of our Website. Through this Website, we will collect information that may identify you and/or your activity. We do not, however, intentionally collect from or about any Website visitor any sensitive personal information (also known as personally identifiable information) such as social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, financial account numbers, or medical information.
Listed below are details about the categories of personal information we collect, whether by use of our websites, other methods of electronic communications, telephone, or visits to our facilities:
- Contact Information: Name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number.
- Demographic information: We may collect information like your gender, language, and age. We may also collect your state of residence and zip/postal code.
- Identifiers: IP address.
- Financial Information: Financial or bank account information, payment card number, payment card expiration date and CVV code, card or account security details, and billing address when you donate money to us.
- Geolocation Data: The general region or area from which you access our site.
- Usage Data: Data concerning your Internet or other electronic activity including device type, operating system, browser settings, lP address, location, language settings, and Site use data including information about how you navigate our Sites and the Internet, including referral cookies.
- Audio/Visual Data: audio, electronic, photographic, visual or similar data including videos, photographs, or audio recordings when you visit our facilities as permitted by Childhelp’s programs, Federal, and state laws and regulations.
- Social Media Profiles: When you interact with us or our Sites through various social media networks, such as when you like us on Facebook or when you follow us or share our content on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Linkedln, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from those social networks including your profile information, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you allow the social network to share with third parties.
- Health Information: When our clients provide such information to us while using our services, we may collect health information such as health history, medications, treatment history, name, and medical record information. We also collect this information from our employees in connection with requests for leaves, accommodations and/or benefits administration.
- Applicant Data: When you apply for a position with us, we may collect your contact information, resume information, education history, work history, certifications, qualifications, compensation history, and references.
- Employment Information: When you accept a position for employment with us, we may collect your contact information, benefit information, social security number, date of birth, immigration information, dependent information, financial information, health insurance information, health information, and driver’s license information, or other government identification information.
- Inferences: We may use information from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you, to reflect your preferences, characters, behavior and attitude.
Use of Personal Information:
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We may use your contact information, financial information, demographic information, health information, identifiers and inferences to:
- Provide you with the requested Services;
- Process your donation;
- Communicate with you;
- Respond to customer service requests and inquiries;
- Administer an online account
- Transcripts and Recordings: We may use your contact information, demographic information, audio/visual data, and health information to create transcripts and recordings of calls, texts, and live chats with you.
- Analytical Purposes: We may use your identifiers, demographic information, usage data, geolocation data, social media profiles, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Employment Purposes: We may use your contact information, applicant data, and employment information to process your application, evaluate your suitability for employment, manage and administer our employment relationship with you, and manage and process your benefits.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We may use your contact information, identifiers, usage data, geolocation data, audio/visual data, and inferences to send you announcements and marketing messages, improve our marketing efforts, create social media posts or advertisements, and provide you with information about us, including personalized marketing communications. In certain circumstances, we will acquire your consent to use or disclose your personal information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Sites: We may use your contact information, commercial information, identifiers, geolocation data, audio/visual data, and usage data to improve our Sites, provide and maintain functionality on our Sites, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites.
- Develop and Improve Our Services: We may use your contact information, demographic information, identifiers, geolocation data, usage data, audio/visual data, commercial information, health information, social media profiles, and inferences to help us develop new services and to improve and analyze our existing service offerings.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We may use your contact information, identifiers, financial information, geolocation data, usage data, audio/visual data, social media profiles, health information, applicant data, employment information, and inferences to protect our Sites and Services; protect us, our affiliated companies, our employee, our carriers and others; and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal: We may use your contact information, identifiers, financial information, geolocation data, usage data, audio/visual data, social media profiles, health information, applicant data, employment information, and inferences to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
Methods of Collecting Information:
We collect information in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you: We collect contact information, demographic information, identifiers, health information, financial information, applicant data, and employment information that you provide directly to us.
- When you visit our offices or facilities: When you visit our offices or facilities, we also collect contact information and audio/visual data.
- Automatically: When you access our Sites, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, and usage data using tools like browser cookies.
- From third parties: We may collect contact information, identifiers, applicant data, employment information, audio/visual data, and inferences from third parties, including service providers, partners, funders, donors, and public authorities.
- From social media platforms and networks: We may collect contact information, identifiers, geolocation data, usage data, commercial information, and audio/visual data from social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our websites or mobile applications, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, and lnstagram.
We Combine Information
We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information, including to create inferences about you. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information that we have collected across other third party sites. We combine information across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We may also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
How We Share Information With Others
- Service Providers: We may share personal information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of the Services, the Sites, and our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, web hosting, analytics, payment processing, order fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, insurance, transportation, storage and warehouse services, shipping, and customer support services). In some cases, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf. Any service providers that process, collect, or store this information do so the benefit of Childhelp or its clients. We restrict any service providers from using or disclosing information outside of the scope of services provided to Childhelp.
- Professional Advisors: We may share information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Donors: We may share information -such as statistical information, aggregated information, or de-identified information -with our donors. We will also use this information to create our annual report, which we may post on our website, provide to donors, and make publicly available to third parties.
- Partners: We may share information with other organizations and non-profits with whom we partner to deliver our Services.
- Government Entities: We share information with regulatory and government entities including government, administrative, law enforcement and regulatory agencies; tax authorities; corporate registries; and other public agencies or authorities if we think we should in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us. We also share aggregated, de-identified and statistical information with government entities that have provided us with grants or funding.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction: We may share information with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
Californian’s Consumer Rights:
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (1798.100), California residents have certain consumer rights of their personal information, refer to https://www.caprivacy.org and https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa for further information.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will retain and use your information for as long as we need it to provide you services, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Cookies, Analytic and Other Tracking Technology
Cookies and Tracking Technology
We want you to be aware that certain online tools exist to help us serve and recognize you when you visit our Sites. We receive and store certain types of information when you visit our Sites. When you access our Sites, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be web beacons, cookies, clear gifs, pixel tags, e-tags, flash cookies, log files, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications. These tracking technologies, which are often referred to collectively as cookies, allow us to understand how users navigate to and around our Sites, view different pages, access content, and request Services. We may use them, for example, to keep track of your preferences and profile information and collect general usage and volume statistical information. If you want to remove or block cookies, you may be able to update your browser settings. You can also find instructions on how to manage cookies on different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Third-party Analytics and Advertising
We may use analytics services provided by Google Analytics to understand how you use our Sites and other internal purposes. If you would like more information on how Google uses data when you visit or use our Sites, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. If you would like to opt-out, Google provides an opt-out tool which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may include links to other websites or applications whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those websites or applications, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and have implemented reasonable technical, organization, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information.
The protection of the information that we collect about visitors to this website is of the utmost importance to us and we take every reasonable measure to ensure that protection, including:
- We keep automatically collected data and voluntarily collected data separate at all times.
- We use internal encryption on all data stores that house voluntarily captured data.
- We use commercially reasonable tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems.
- We restrict access to private information to those who need such access in the course of their duties for us.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and encourage you to use websites and share information with caution.
Children Under 13 Years Old
We collect personal information from children under 13 years of age, with verification of parental consent, in connection with specific programs and services we offer, including those run by our affiliates such as processing applications for the Wings Chapter Program. We do not sell or share personal information collected for use with our specific programs and services from children less than 13 years of age, and do not disclose any of personal information from a child under 13 years of age without receiving consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian. We use reasonably calculated methods to ensure that the individual providing consent is the child’s parent or legal guardian.
The original of this policy is on file at the corporate office of Childhelp located in Phoenix, AZ