Love is all you need.
Childhelp Foster Family Agency of East Tennessee can help with the rest. We opened our doors in 1999 to help create healthy, loving family relationships between children and families. We are actively recruiting, certifying and training foster families in East Tennessee.
What does the Childhelp Foster Family Agency provide?
- Free foster parent training so you can earn the hours you need to become certified as a therapeutic foster home.
- An assigned case manager.
- Ongoing training.
- 24-hour, on-call support for emergencies.
- Expert mental health therapy.
- Respite care to give you a break if you need one.
- A monthly financial stipend.
What kind of LOVE Is required to be a foster parent in Tennessee?
- Ability to provide a warm, secure and nurturing home.
- Establish a partnership between the child’s social worker, therapist, teachers and physicians.
- Completion of 30 hours of P.A.T.H training (Parents As Tender Healers).
- Commitment, understanding, patience and the willingness to accept and provide guidance to children with diverse backgrounds and challenges.
- Provide consistent, fair and age-appropriate guidance for children.
- Potential foster parents are screened through a series of interviews, background checks, training, and home interviews.
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Be legally married or single.
- Be a resident of the State of Tennessee.
- Be employed or have a source of viable income.
- Have space in your home for a child.
- Have a working automobile and auto insurance, as well as home owners or renter’s insurance.
Interested in learning more?
Fill out the form below and we’ll contact you!