Our Residential Programs
The Alice C. Tyler Village of Childhelp provides a continuum of healing services for boys and girls ages 5-14, in a safe, structured and therapeutic environment in a least-restrictive setting.
We provide care for children whose emotional and behavioral issues prevent them from being successful in the community. Some of these children are receiving treatment focused on managing the emotional and behavioral issues associated with psychiatric and neuro-developmental disorders. While at Childhelp, these children are empowered to overcome obstacles and move forward in their lives to be reintegrated into nurturing homes, and the community.
What We Offer
- Utilization of evidence-based practices in individual, family, and group therapy
- TF-CBT (Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Forward-Facing Trauma Therapy (FIT and TOOLs for HOPE)
- Psychological, Neuropsychological and Psychosexual Testing
- Short Term Residential & Diagnostic Services for 60-90 Days
- Therapies: Individual Therapy, Family Therapy, Group Therapy, Art Therapy, Daily Milieu Therapy, Experiential Therapy Techniques, Trauma Focused Therapy and Intervention, Evidenced-based Treatment Interventions, Equine Assisted Therapy, Animal Assisted Therapy, Music Therapy, Movement & Dance Therapy, Family Engagement and Play Therapy
- Board Certified or Eligible Child Psychiatrists
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed or License-eligible Therapists
- Art Therapist
- Special Education Certified Teachers
- Occupational Therapist and COTA
- Speech Language Therapist
- Registered Dietitian
- Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist
- Music Therapist
- Equine Therapist Certified in Eagala
Therapeutic Recreation Activites*
- Fishing ponds and streams
- Meditation Labyrinth
- Gardening Program
- Ropes Course
*Recreational activities are at the discretion of the activities department based on availability and season.
The Village Academy of Childhelp at the Alice C. Tyler Village
The Village Academy of Childhelp is a private school setting that provides educational services to children in K-8th grades. The philosophy of the Village Academy is based on the concept that all children can make academic, behavioral, and social gains when appropriate educational experiences are provided. These experiences lead to the development of skills necessary for the successful integration in a public school system.
Students admitted to the Village Academy shall have a current IEP if one is in place. Other types of documentations to be reviewed prior to admission are: current educational testing, classroom observations current eligibility notes, and psychological evaluation. Once a review has been completed the county representative will be contacted with an approval or denial, and an admission application will be distributed to the parent as needed.