Childhelp Wasatch Front hopes to raise funds and collaborate with other agencies to help realize its short-term goals including:
- Creating and distributing art therapy bags for displaced children and those recovering from abuse
- Developing an art therapy program as a resource for local organizations
- Establishing Childhelp “Be Safe, Speak Up” for Educators in Utah schools
The chapter’s long-term goal is to work with others to build a residential treatment facility (known as a village) in Utah that offers comprehensive treatment programs for severely abused and at-risk children.
The chapter wants to be a part of the education and awareness of what child abuse is and is not. If more people were aware of the actions considered as abuse, they may not do it so easily. Therefore, we believe spreading awareness and education are key to this horrible debilitating behavior that is crippling several abused and neglected children today.
Our goal is to help these children experience the life they deserve—one filled with love. Our principal mission is to provide them with an environment of love and kindness using the best possible treatment so they will see how special they truly are.
“Together we will accomplish much for many.” Eve Foussard
- President – Dr Laurie Vervaecke
- Secretary – Lynn Beacht
- Treasurer – Scott Reams
- Membership Co-Chairs – Don Zimmerman & EJ Blackhorse
- Advisor & Chapter Founding President – Eve Foussard
Wasatch Front News & Events
How you can help.
There are many ways you can get involved with Childhelp. However you decide to join in, you can help make a huge impact on a child's life.